At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. We're a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Neurology Business Group (NBG) Biostatistics is focused on further establishment and buildout of its biostatistics group by acquiring in-house talent related to machine learning & big data analytics. The qualified candidate will report to the recently hired Sr. Director and Head of Data Science and is expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Analyze complex clinical data including but not limited to biomarker data and to develop novel predictive models using statistical techniques and machine learning to support patient stratification and biomarker selection in clinical trials.
- Support the development of innovative machine learning, deep learning and CNN methodologies to enable analyses of high multi-dimensional data like MRI images, PET images, polysomnographic data and other innovative digital biomarkers.
- Build analysis pipelines using tools and programs to handle heterogenous data sources with the goal of improving visualization, integration, and accessibility of complex data in clinical trials.
- Strong computational skills and expertise in frequentist methodologies is required.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics or related field required PhD strongly preferred, however Masters in Statistics with relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience in clinical development biostatistics methods and processes in industry setting required
- A minimum of 10 years' experience within the pharma industry is required, of which at least 3 in a related role working on "big data analytics" is preferred.
- Experience with sophisticated data science methods and tools used to implement Predictive Machine Learning (including deep learning: e.g., Neural Networks).
- Experience in building disease progression models is preferred.
- Expertise in 2 or more of the following languages: SAS, R, Python.
- Expertise in data visualization techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Work location can be NJ office- or remotely-based.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :