Novartis Oncology Translational Research is seeking an imaging scientist to develop and implement innovative machine learning solutions for the analysis of pathology slide images. You will join our global Pathology and Biomarkers team, partnering across the full range of Oncology programs (small molecule, biotherapeutics and Immuno-Oncology) from target identification through First-in-Human studies. Your work will directly inform patient selection strategies and biomarker development.
* Develop and deploy sophisticated image processing and machine learning solutions for high resolution pathology slide images stained with H&E, multiplex IHC and IF.
* Work closely with research and early clinical project teams (Scientists and Physician-Scientists) to design and interpret tissue-based experiments in human and xenograft samples.
* Network internally and externally with data scientists, pathologists, clinicians and researchers on project activities
* Engage in independent research with colleagues across Oncology Translational Research and broader Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research Disease Areas and Translational Medicine groups with an emphasis on technology development and innovation in image-based assessment of tissue specimens
* Provide input for implementation of biomarker plans for Novartis early phase clinical trials including analysis
* Author internal reports and presentations
* Champion writings of external publications and patent applications
JOB REQUIREMENTS: * PhD or MS in computer science, bioinformatics or related discipline
* Strong research experience (PhD-level) in the application of machine learning to pathology image analysis problems
* Demonstrated expertise with data science tools (Python and R), machine learning tools and principles (CUDA, TensorFlow, convolutional neural networks, linear algebra), and analysis of tissue-based images (whole-slide gigapixel images)
* Familiarity with cancer biology and the tumor-immune microenvironment
* Collaborative, innovative, self-directed, with outstanding teamwork and communication skillsThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://novartis.contacthr.com/60449042
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :