Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since then we have rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai’s areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company’s areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
Eisai recognizes that we are the Company’s greatest asset. To this, Eisai is committed to providing us an enabling and empowering work environment that allows us to grow and thrive. In our diverse organization, we adhere to a strict commitment to our values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. We therefore invite you to explore this job opportunity or any others that may match your qualifications and interests.
The Statistical Methodology Group within the Clinical Biostatistics department at Eisai, Inc. is seeking a Quantitative Scientist – to drive drug development through predictive modeling of disease and drug response.
The group supports select projects in various stages of development in the Neurology Business Group. Our group is comprised of scientists with PhDs in Biostatistics/Statistics with a focus on scientific computing, advanced methods & machine learning.
We are interested in expanding our expertise in disease/biology modeling and simulation, data-driven modeling, computational algorithms and tool development.
Excellent communication and collaboration with biological and clinical collaborators are critical skills. The group will aim to have external presence, with a growing list of publications, posters and an increasing role in industry-regulatory workshops.
In addition to our efforts in systems modeling approaches in support of drug development, we are also committed to the development of new technical approaches, algorithms, and tools to advance the field.
* Strategize, plan and execute report machine learning, deep learning, and any other advanced analytics activities independently, as well as to present work at cross-functional teams, department meetings, committees, regulatory interactions, and scientific conferences.
* Apply advanced analytic methods on multimodal data (images, clinical and biomarker results) to support project team goals such as biomarker and diagnostic investigation, patient stratification, data-driven mechanistic inference and relationships, etc.
* Collaborate with Quantitative Systems Pharmacology modelers in developing integrated approaches of data driven analytics and mechanism-based modeling & simulation to address drug development problems.
* Work in close partnership with scientists in Modeling and Simulation, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Science, Biostatistics (Early and Late Phase), Biomarker, Regulatory, and other functions.
* Contribute to best practices on application of artificial intelligence, ML, DL, and other advanced analytics techniques across department.
* Presentation of results at cross-functional teams, department meetings, review committees, and conferences.
* Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology trend and artificial intelligence landscape in our industry, assess and identify new opportunities for business objectives.
* Adapt and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture.
* Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline required.
* 5 years related experience.
* Outstanding expertise in applied mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, and/or artificial intelligence, master machine learning and deep learning programming skills (e.g., using R, Matlab, Python, TensorFlow, SAS, etc.), and application experience in healthcare/drug development.
* Advanced models, like Bayesian hierarchical modeling, combining mechanistic and machine learning approaches, desired.
* Drug development knowledge and demonstrated impact using advanced analytics approaches is highly desired.
* Understanding of traditional PK/PD modeling and quantitative systems pharmacology modeling for drug development is a plus, but not required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and effectively on cross-functional teams.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence project team collaborators. JOB REQUIREMENTS: Here at Eisai, we are rewarded with highly competitive salaries, incentive awards, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Plans) 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, and other great programs.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet from tblHiringOrgDefaults<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://eisai.contacthr.com/73324247.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://eisai.contacthr.com/73324247
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :